SBA Recognizes Pikes Peak Regional Development Corporation
The Colorado District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration recognized lenders and government contractors in its latest small-business awards Wednesday.
“The lender awards are presented to those lenders that have used SBA loan programs to help the maximum number of small business owners obtain financing that they need to grow their businesses,” the SBA said. “These lenders demonstrated their creativity by using SBA loan programs to assist those businesses that are not able to obtain conventional financing on reasonable terms.”
- Large Lender Award, 7(a) lenders with an outstanding loan portfolio of at least $100 million: Live Oak Bank.
- Small Lender Award, 7(a) lenders with an outstanding loan portfolio of $100 million or less: Central Bank & Trust.
- Large CDC Award, 504 Certified Development Company with an outstanding loan portfolio of at least $50 million: Colorado Lending Source
- Small CDC Award, 504 Certified Development Company with an outstanding loan portfolio of less than $100 million: Pikes Peak Regional Development Corp.
Government contracting categories
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year, for small businesses that have provided the government with outstanding goods and services as prime contractors.
- National and Region VIII Prime Contractor of the Year, Intecon LLC, Colorado Springs.
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year: This award honors small businesses that have provided the government and industry with outstanding goods and services as subcontractors.
Region VIII Subcontractor of the Year: Mountain Secure Systems, Longmont.
Earlier this year, SBA named Virginia McAllister, principal of Iron Horse Architects Inc. (IHA) in Denver, its Colorado Small Business Person of the Year. IHA serves primarily the federal, transportation, aviation, and science and technology markets.